Students learn how to read the Qur’an fluently in order to allow them to independently connect with the Qur’an. Students begin memorizing and reciting in preschool.
- Our students are able to read from anywhere in the Qur’an by 2nd grade.
- Students begin learning tajweed rules by 2nd grade.
- The majority of our students memorize the 30th juz of the Qur’an by the time they finish 4th grade.
- Students in middle school and high school further develop their mastery of Tajweed rules.
- The middle school and high school memorize the 29th and 28th juz of the Qur’an.
New students who join Annoor at an older age receive support from our QIA para-educators to help them catch up on their Qur’an knowledge and skills. All of our elementary and secondary Qur’an teachers are certified “Hafidh”.